Romantische Landschaft mit Menschenopfer

Romantische Landschaft mit Menschenopfer
Weißt Du wieviel Wolken gehen weithin über alle Welt...

Mittwoch, 16. Dezember 2009

When morning comes


Wake me up when morning comes
Before the break of day
Leave all my haunted dreams behind
And bury them by the way


Guide me on the way that's left
For me to walk down here on earth
And please keep me keen and open eyed
And let my voice be heard


Let me be able to listen thoroughly
To all the things that you might have to say
Make my nerves as sensitive
As it takes to understand your way


I admit I’ve doubted you for so many years
I was incapable to trust in you
And that’s why I missed so many years
While there where a lot of things to do


When desperation kept me barred
Behind its concrete prison wall
I was not able to listen to a single word
And that’s why I could not hear your call


Forgive me, love, that I was deaf and blind
Filled to the brim with hate
I can’t deny that I did you many wrong
I can’t deny the many things I destroyed


Now while I look back and watch these ruins
My heart is flooded with regret
Though I tried so hard to do some good
Instead I worked on the mess I’ve made


I know it might be hard for you to bear
My wish to take me home
But I could not live with the lack of hope
For some better years left to come


So please wake me up when morning comes
Way before break of day
Don’t let me lie behind beside the road
While you move on along your way


Show me the morning star, the sparkling sun
I wandered long in a starless night
Ban the sadness from my mind
Fill my eyes and soul with light


So again, please wake me up when morning comes
Way before break of day
Don’t let me lie behind beside the road
While you move on along your way.
 8. 1. 2007






Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen